Sunday, April 8, 2012

INTRODUCTION to TROPICAL FRUIT

 
      Much of the fruit that you eat every day are really tropical imports. What I mean is that they did not originate here, the trees and seeds were brought in from countries all around the world. Oranges, lemons, grapefruits, Loquats originated in Asia. Cherimoya and dragon fruit from Mexico, Mango’s from Burma and eastern India. Many of these fruits have been breed or adapted to our southern climate and a few to our northern climate. What I hope to do is to familiarize you with the fruit that will (with some help) grow in your location.

CARAMBOLA (STAR FRUIT )
LOQUAT (JAPANESE PLUM)
PONDEROSA LEMONS
  

       Any time you  grow any kind of  food you will need a pest detente. Some people use traps or poisons,  since I grow all my fruit without pesticide's, I use these as my fruit security enforcer's. They chase birds, insects and other pests.


FRUIT SECURITY ENFORCER TIGGER
FRUIT SECURITY ENFORCER SAM
   
                                               BIRDS & PESTS ENTER at   YOUR  OWN RISK                                        

No comments: